Marissa Vosper – Colorado native and international lingerie fashion designer. Yep, she’s pretty much the coolest. Want to learn about her co-owned, one-of-a-kind and ultra sleek line? We have the scoop straight from our Centennial State sister! Big thanks to our friends at Denver Style Magazine for hooking me up with such a fun interview and evening! Check out their Event Gallery for everything happening in the Denver design community.
Take away bows, minimize lace and subtract anything floral, the result will leave you with a simple and streamlined product. This was the goal behind Marissa Vosper and Lauren Schwab’s co-founded no-frills, luxury online lingerie brand, Negative Underwear.
The fashion team hosted a trunk show at Denver’s premier boutique, Goldyn, showcasing their original designs to a local audience. I was fortunate to snag some additional info from both Marissa and Lauren.
Here’s what learned:
- Bra sizes vary, but do not fear, despite no wires or padding, these bras keep things smooth and in place. The result, comfortable support with a natural look and feel. They were inspired by simplicity.
- Aside from bras and underwear, Negative sales the comfiest t-shirts. Marissa noted their versatility. These shirts are perfect under a blazer, over a swimsuit or even for bed. One thing Negative keeps extremely consistent is high-quality and extremely soft materials in each of their products… something we can all admire!
- They created the chicest bodysuits, which Lauren deemed will be 2016’s crop top. Their particular version of the trend has made quite a statement, even Miley Cyrus has taken notice.
- Despite being a NYC “big wig,” world traveler and lingerie trend setter, Colorado roots run true for Marissa. She has totally embraced her Boulder upraising and utilizes it daily.
- Also worth mentioning, #SupportTheGirls, a collaboration that celebrates women – Our bodies, our self confidence, our personalities, our humor, our boobs. Check out the photo series on Negative’s site for an empowering presentation.
Denver ladies, if you would like to purchase one (or more!) of Negative’s products, hop on the web and shop at negativeunderwear.com. Feeling a little leery about purchasing lingerie online? No fear. Goldyn is a great resource for sizing, recommendations and helping with orders.