As a curvy little babe who loves food, I have always found it easy to pack on the pounds. Recently, I had a friend who discovered the Yummy Mummy Podcast and Laura Conley Coaching! This beautiful friend of mine participated in coaching for the last year and has seen major results, not just in her waistline but in her mentality towards food and life in general.
Intrigued, I started following Laura on Instagram and jumped on her free “How to Thrive Through the Holidays without Gaining a Bunch of Weight,” masterclass today! It was so inspiring and I am so excited to start my journey towards wellness and shedding thos lbs in 2023!
Here are some of the learnings I took away from today’s course that I would love to pass on to you if you are on a similar journey!
1. Create one simple rule
One simple rule, one simple reason.
Create a rule that you can abide by through the holidays. (Start to love rules – rules are amazing). Just make it one that you will stick to and can really focus on through the end of the year.
- Fasting 8:16
- Eat when you are hungry only
- No picking
- No snacking
- Stop eating after 8 p.m.
- No sugar
- No flour
- No seconds
- One joy eat per week
Don’t overdue it and make it hard by making too many rules. Just pick one and stick to it.
What is your reason for your rule?
Find the reason for the rule. What is your why?
- To look good in my holiday romper/dress?
- To feel light?
- To feel energized?
- To be free from food?
- To be confident in my own body?
- To be an example for my kids?
One simple Relaxed Relentless Attitude
You are not perfect. Do no pretend you are. We are human. You won’t always get an A. Learn to stay at a B+ and BUT KEEP GOING. Consistency is key! Just get back on the wagon if you fall off, don’t feel defeated. It is normal. Just don’t quit!
No one gives up when they are learning something new like skiing, or snowboarding… losing weight is a skill and you are just starting to learn. Get back up if you fall. Be relentless but in a relaxed way. Don’t beat yourself up, it is all a part of the learning process.
Learn to be loving towards yourself like you would your child who is learning something new.
2. How to thrive through the holidays and not feel gross and ugh!
When 3 o clock comes around, and you feel “ugh”
decide if it is physical ugh or mental ugh?
Your stomach feels bloated, you feel sick, you feel too full.
Things to do to switch your physiology:
- Go for a walk
- 20 jumping jacks
- Heated yoga class
- Drink water
- Drink an herbal tea for poo
- Go for a walk
- Change into a cute outfit (did you know we release estrogen when we get ready? And it makes us feel better?)
3. How to Overcome Overwhelm
Make a to do list and cross off the ones you are overwhelmed by and what you DO NOT want to do. The things you want to do but don’t have the time, put them on the bedside table list to do at another time but they aren’t forgotten.
You’re an adult. You can do whatever you want whenever you want to do it. You don’t have to do what you don’t want to do. You are choosing what you want to do, because ultimately you want to do it. You are choosing to do it. Even if it is because you are choosing to avoid the consequences of NOT doing it. Don’t play the martyr victim like you HAVE to do things. You make your own choices. Change your choice if it is effecting you negatively.
Where does overwhelm come from?
It always comes from a sentence in your brain and you are in charge of the sentences that you believe. Emotions and feelings are one and the same – Overwhelm is just a feeling or vibration in your body. It comes from your thoughts and thoughts are choices. Are you choosing to overwhelm?
What thoughts do you think that come into your brain and create overwhelm?
- I have too much to do.
- I am not good enough.
- I am too busy.
- I can’t.
- How am I ever going to?
What do we change these to?
- I get to choose what to do.
- I can make priorities.
- I have all the time in the world.
- I am worth it.
- I can do whatever I want.
Catch the sentence and make a solve for it. Manage your mind and think better thoughts!
4. How are we going to enjoy the Holidays and other people
Stop and think what the point of the holidays is. Why are we hosting? Why are we getting together? Why are we gathering?
- Remember – why you are doing this?
- Use this why to choose a resolution. What is your feeling or intention for the holiday? Pick one that is one word. (Put it on a post-it all over your house) Connected? Happy? Calm? Peaceful? Kind? Present?
- Rid the manual
What’s the manual? The rule book that we have for other people and how they should behave. (She should show up on time, she should bring a host gift, he should buy my this present that I asked for, my kids should be grateful)
NEWS FLASH! We don’t have control of other people, nor do they want to be controlled. Let go of this anxiety-producing manual you have for people. BURN THEM for your freedom!
Get rid of all the
- “Supposed toos”
- Don’t be surprised when people don’t change. Your job is to drop the surprised feeling and take care of yourself
- Adults are allowed to be adults. Not your problem. Take care of yourself.
How to get a plan for 2023.
Plan to be in the yummy mummy experience?
What that will include:
- Join a private group.
- Set achievable goals that are realistic and long-lasting.
- What to do when life happens (vacation, cruise, etc).
- How to live your life while still achieving your goals.
- Learn how to never ever quit.
- Learn emotional maturity and emotional intelligence.
- Learn how to stop eating emotionally.
- Learn the effortlessness to this. (Workbook + journal etc)
You can find out more about how to join the Yummy Mummy Experience and lose weight for the last time here.